New Book Out on Blog Tour
Today I’m featuring a new YA novel that is doing a blog tour, titled Tweenache in the Time of #ashtags, by Judy Balan. It looks like a fun read, so check it out! Here’s some more information about it. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway contest! (The link is at the bottom of this post.)
#Tweenache101: First, there’s PMS (it’s real and it’s painful and can someone please make it stop?). Second, there’s #The Boy. Yes, that’s right. The BOY. And third, there’s a #New Dad in the picture. Actually, he’s an old dad, but if Nina’s never met him before, he totally counts as new, right? And worst of all, there’s the #Nerd Wars. There’s a new nerd in the classroom – and she might be even nerdier than Nina.
THIS. CAN’T. BE. GOOD.
From the author of How To Stop Your Grownup From Making Bad Decisions, here’s another hilarious season in the life of #NinaThePhilosopher.
About the Author:
Judy Balan is the overthinking parent of an overthinking child. Reality overwhelms her at times, which is why she enjoys making stuff up. She loves reading, watching and writing comedy. How to Stop Your Grownup from Making Bad Decisions was her first attempt at writing for non-grownups. She enjoyed it so much she decided to make it a series and call it Nina the Philosopher because over-thinking tweens deserve their own series. For more on Judy and her writing, hop over to judybalan.com or check out Nina’s blog ninathephilosopher.com.
10 Random Facts About The Author:
- Judy Balan is the over-thinking parent of an over-thinking child.
- Reality overwhelms her at times, which is why she enjoys making stuff up.
- When she’s not writing novels, she’s fighting and making up with her daughter, heading the creative team at Raising iBrows (formerly), an audience engagement agency, and eating too much Nutella.
- One of Judy’s favourite pastimes is reading too many articles on alternative parenting styles and confusing her even more.
- Another favourite pastime is observing and analysing everything and everyone, including herself.
- This is her second book for children, but she hopes to write many more (hopefully, stories with orcs, dragons and such. This book can be read as a Stand-Alone, but reading the first one in the series is highly recommended!
- Her previous books were the bestselling Two Fates: The Story of My Divorce and Sophie Says: Memories of a Breakup Coach and How to Stop Your Grownup from Making Bad Decisions. Both these books were for grownups.
- This book is NOT about her life although she’s a single parent too and Nina was inspired by her daughter, Kiara.
- As a child, Judy was in a big hurry to grow up, but now she wants to tell all children to slow down because adulthood isn’t going anywhere. Apparently.
- Judy loves hearing from her readers, so you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re over eighteen, you can check out her website too at http://www.judybalan.com .
<a class=”rcptr” href=”http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/10d3cc7e5/” rel=”nofollow” data-raflid=”10d3cc7e5″ data-theme=”classic” data-template=”” id=”rcwidget_5yun1mx0″>a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>