Book Blitz – Then the Doorbell Rang
About the Book:
One fine morning, Jane wakes up and stands upon the ledge of her 18th floor flat in Dubai Marina. Till a few years back, she was everything that would make anyone jealous – beautiful, rich and successful. But then the wheels of time turned. Today, she is miserable and lonely. Would she get over a deception? Can she forgive herself for deserting a friend? Would she ever find true love? Will karma get the better of her or will life give her another chance to correct the wrongs?
Then the Doorbell Rang is about Jane’s roller-coaster journey as she explores the mystical phenomenon called Life.
Fun Facts about the Author:
- The plot of his novel came in Dubai when a friend randomly pointed at a balcony and said “That is the balcony from which the lady jumped” – referring to an incident which had happened few days back
- Demonetization made this book a reality: Capri had left his job with a view of becoming an entrepreneur. He wrote part-time initially as he had been working on this plot for more than 2 years. But with demonetization happening within few months of his leaving the job, he decided to shift his focus to full-time writing and that’s how this book became a reality
- Capri is an avid coin collector and has over 1200 coins in his collection from over 100 countries
- Capri loves to take up new challenges and explore new cities and cultures: During his professional career spanning 12 years, Capri has worked with three organizations, stayed in 7 different cities across three countries
- Capri loves snakes – he wishes to own a snake farm one day. In fact, one of his goals before he turns 50 is get trained as a professional snake catcher
- Capri was never into writing – he was so bad at writing that once his boss made him write an email repeatedly as he didn’t find it good enough – it wasn’t accepted even after 10 drafts. It hurt Capri so bad deep within that he almost made his life goal to be good at writing
About the Author:
In July 2016, when Capri’s career was at an all-time high, he quit his job and decided to pursue one of his under-40 goals and that was to pen a novel. His first novel – “Then the doorbell rang”, which is in fiction genre, has been published by Leadstart Publishing. His book has been released on Amazon and has received great responses.
Capri’s philosophy in life is simple – Plan your life rather than follow a plan. Whilst this might sound contradictory, if you re-read the statement you would be able to understand the subtle difference. Planning is a continuous process whilst a plan is a static one. At different points in one’s life, one must be able to revisit his life and re-sync it with life’s changed priorities and circumstances.
And to be successful, it is very important to be passionate about what you do. “Passion is elixir for the soul” is something he truly believes in. This coupled with the right mentoring leads to an assured success.
Capri is keen to share his perspectives with the world through his writings and talks.