Books by Simi K. Rao on Tour
Inconvenient Relations (Inconvenient Relations #1) by Simi K. Rao
Shaan Ahuja found himself bowing to tradition and agreeing to an arranged marriage to the beautiful Ruhi Sharma. He went through the motions but had no intention of carrying through on his vows. His last foray into matters of the heart with an American girl had left him scarred and unwilling to try again. Thoroughly disillusioned and disgruntled he wasted no time in making his intentions clear to Ruhi on their wedding night. But, he was completely unprepared for what his new wife had in mind.
This multi-cultural contemporary romance story of an arranged marriage is a beautiful blending of showing the Indian and American cultures. Readers will learn more about the Indian heritage and the romance that happens behind closed doors in an Indian relationship in Simi K. Rao’s Inconvenient Relations. This coming of age story about true love explores multi-cultural issues.
Reviews for Inconvenient Relations:
As a whole this was a brilliant novel. Rao walks the line between traditional Indian culture and all that is Hollywood to create a tale that will pull at your heartstrings and keep you captivated throughout. ~ Jonel Boyko
It was a beautifully timed love story and I enjoyed it. I also loved the way the author interspersed the language throughout the story. It made me feel connected to the culture. ~ Jazmen This Girl Reads A lot
This book is a complete package of love, hate, distrust, betrayal and every other emotions that we feel. ~ Souwmiya
Now and Forever (Inconvenient Relations #2) by Simi K. Rao
Can Shaan and Ruhi face their biggest fears and unite together?
Shaan and Ruhi Ahuja, very much in love Indian newlyweds, discover each other in Simi K. Rao’s Now and Forever—the sassy and sexy sequel to Inconvenient Relations. After getting the scare of their lives while traveling in the Grand Canyon, Shaan and Ruhi go back home to one dilemma after another. Shaan’s job is in jeopardy, and one of Ruhi’s closest friends, Sunshine, needs her. How will Shaan and Ruhi handle life’s hurdles, while still trying to get to know each other as husband and wife? Will they be able to forsake all others and consolidate their relationship?
About the Author
Simi K. Rao was born and grew up in India before relocating to the U.S., where she has lived for several years. The inspiration for her books, and other projects, comes from her own experience with cross-cultural traditions, lifestyles and familial relationships, as well as stories and anecdotes collected from friends, family and acquaintances.
Rao enjoys exploring the dynamics of contemporary American culture blended with Indian customs and heritage to reflect the challenges and opportunities many Indian-American women face in real life.
Much of Rao’s down time is devoted to creative pursuits, including writing fiction, poetry and photography. She is an avid traveler and has visited many locations around the world.
A practicing physician, Rao lives in the United States with her family.
Trivia, Random Facts
Who says science and art cannot coexist. They can and Simi K Rao is a living example. She is a practicing physician who is also an author. Writing fiction fulfills her creative urge while her profession keep the home fires burning. She has managed to pen four books so far– Inconvenient Relations, The Accidental Wife, Milan (A Wedding Story) and her latest Now and Forever– the sequel to Inconvenient Relations. Except Milan all are works of contemporary romance written from the Indian American perspective. In the future, she hopes to take on more challenging projects. She lives in Denver, USA with her family.
Random facts about Simi in her own words
- I have a dual personality. I exist in two worlds at the same time. It can get quite confusing.
- Writing is a stress buster for me. I write for myself rather than anyone else.
- My heroines can be pig headed, rash and violent. I think they learn their traits from me.
- My stories are occasionally clichéd just like life is sometimes- banal and boring.
- My books are not just for women. Men should read them too. They can get a few pointers on what women want.
- I believe cuss words are a means of expression. Used appropriately they can be very effective.
- I also believe that at any time there are two conversations going on. The nonverbal one happens to be more interesting.
- I credit my Dad for my fondness of the written word. By giving me books instead of toys he gave me the best gift ever.
- Writing helps me stay lucid while reading blurs my cynicism—two traits vital for day to day life.
- Be warned; I’m one of the least interesting people you’ve met. So move on and forget about me. Just read my books.
Other Books by the Author
1) A $10 Amazon gift card
2) A kindle copy each of Inconvenient relations and Now and Forever.
<a class=”rcptr” href=”http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/491d1d8b209/” rel=”nofollow” data-raflid=”491d1d8b209″ data-theme=”classic” data-template=”” id=”rcwidget_ptjkzn6t”>a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>
Alternately grab it from here:
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<a rel=’nofollow’ href=”http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=680550″><img style=”border:0px” src=”https://www.inlinkz.com/img/wp/wpImg.png”></a>
<!– end InLinkz script –>